The most beautiful beaches of the Silver Coast
Spend camping holidays in the Landes, discover the most beautiful beaches in the South West, flirt with the Atlantic Ocean and enjoy the benefits of the sea air.
Bordered by the dunes and the pine forest, the Aquitaine coastline consists of an uninterrupted series of sandy beaches that offer campers vast landscaped areas suitable for swimming, water sports and other seaside pleasures. Around the campsite, the surf spots that unfurl their tubular waves over several kilometers have long been part of the road map of the most experienced surfers.
Family beaches in the Landes
Discover the pleasures of swimming on the beaches of the Landes family! Here are the 5 best beaches to rest and have fun. Some even offer practical equipment adapted to the youngest as water games or practical elements (showers, toilets).
- Central Beach Lake Biscarrosse, little current, small water level perfect for families with children, fine sand.
- Maguide Beach is at the edge of the lake, ideal for not exposing its children to the baïnes of the ocean. This lake beach is quiet and has a special area for blond heads Montéou Pipiou (Parentis-en-Born), very nice with children. Parking is offered, there is also a nautical center and showers and it is supervised during the summer season.
- Biscarrosse beach (at the edge of the Atlantic), some places are monitored. It is the perfect place to enjoy the pleasures of salt water.
- Le Vivier beach is wild, but supervised, it is ideal with children who already know how to swim (to avoid with the youngest ones who will be better at the lake).
Wild beaches of the Landes
Fancy beaches that have character and are not invaded by tourists, here is a selection of idyllic places to sunbathe and daydream in peace:
- Ispe, it is less crowded than the other beaches of the lake and is not monitored. This beach is near the yacht club. Perfect for a moment near the water in summer ?!
- The beach of Navarrosse is supervised in summer and has all the conveniences.
- The south beach is neglected because close to the military camp (further signs indicate a ban on driving, but the beach before this area is nice, big waves, beautiful landscape of dunes, to avoid with young children)
- The beach of Vivier is monitored in summer and also has elements that give it a wild side. Appreciated in summer, it is sometimes very populated. To choose at the beginning or end of summer.
- Beach Especier - Mimizan, far from Biscarosse, but pretty beach.
The beaches to surf in the Landes
You want to discover the surfing, essential sport of the department, here are the beaches most appreciated by the amateurs of this discipline which is on the border between the sport and the art:
- The south beach is towards Mimizan a few kilometers from Biscarrosse, surf spot.
- The beach of Mayotte (edge of Lake Biscarrosse), an air of exoticism, ideal for lovers of kitesurfing. A water sports club is nearby for beginners and the curious.
- The North Beach at Biscarrosse beach, is ideal for surfing and swimming, nice waves.
- The Trencat, near the Gironde Arcachon direction, nice surf spot.
- Le Vivier, a few waves to surf a little this beach is appreciated by tourists and is ideal in early summer and off-season for surfing.