Like an air of Sahara
Among the must-go camping holidays on the Silver Coast, discover the famous dune Pilat (or Pyla) which now stands 110.5 meters! Located at the entrance of the Arcachon basin, this wonder of the Pharaonic dimensions offers a 360 ° view of the basin, the bench of Arguin, the Landes forest and even on the Pyrenees if the weather conditions allow it! The most athletic will not hesitate to climb this pile of giant sand without taking the stairs while lovers of thrills can discover the dune Pilat paragliding!
Camping 30 minutes from the Dune of Pilat
The Dune is located about half an hour drive from Camping Bimbo in the town of La Teste-de-Buch. The Dune du Pilat is a must-see place that you will enjoy exploring during your stay in Biscarosse. By car you will take the direction of the road of Arcachon and evolve in a grandiose landscape.
Height of the Dune of Pilat
The Dune du Pilat is the largest in Europe, reaching a height of 100 to 115 meters depending on the year. It moves a few centimeters a year depending on the wind. It extends for almost 3 kilometers and the Dune of Pilat represents about 60 cubic meters of sand.
How long to climb the Pilat dune
The ascent of the Dune of Pilat is rather easy to realize. Provide good shoes to mount easily. It is difficult to do this walk with a stroller. Parking is nearby, the place is very touristy and there can be crowds. It's normal when you know how unique this place is. It takes 1 hour minimum to explore this famous dune. The view of the Atlantic and the basin at the top is well worth the effort of the climb, it's magic.
Restaurants near Dune du Pilat
After your ascent of the Pyla Dune it will certainly be time to restore yourself. The region is known for its typical flavors, gourmet recipes and freshly caught fish and shellfish. Here is a selection of places where it is welcome to sit:
All you have to do is choose the place to feast on ?!
- La Lagune Café a delicious plate and a beautiful landscape, the ingredients for a successful meal with family or friends close to the Dune du Pyla.
- La Petite Marée for a meal around fish and seafood at a moderate rate.
- Suite 257, for colorful cuisine and recipes from all over Europe. A real trip on the plate. Medium budget.
- The Panorama for a breathtaking view of the surroundings and the Dune. You will taste tasty and typical recipes. Medium budget.
- The Patio in Arcachon for an elegant and refined menu in a perfect setting.
- The "Maxi Gelati" Glacier located in Arcachon awaits you to enjoy an ice cream with family or friends. It is the ideal pleasure during the holidays.