The most attractive city in the world 2017 according to Lonely Planet
During your stay in Biscarrosse, you will absolutely have to spend a day in Bordeaux. On the banks of the Garonne, you can take a picture of the largest water mirror in the world facing the Place de la Bourse. A few steps away, we discover the Saint Pierre district and the picturesque streets of old Bordeaux. Among the most beautiful monuments of the city, do not miss the Grand Théâtre de Bordeaux (18th century) and the Saint André cathedral. Looking up, admire the Pey Berland tower and its Gothic bell tower. If you have time, browse the rooms of the Museum of Fine Arts, the Museum of Aquitaine or the one dedicated to the decorative arts and Design. If you want to do some shopping, go to rue Sainte-Catherine, the longest pedestrian street in Europe!
The best restaurants in Bordeaux
Bordeaux is a city where gastronomy is king. The region's famous wine is perfect for a variety of dishes. The restaurants of Bordeaux sometimes offer traditional cuisine and sometimes inventive and unusual recipes. The invitations to greed are numerous, here is our selection to treat you during your stay between friendly bistrots and tables of great chefs:
The Bistro Réno, simple and tasty dishes at a moderate price.
The Grand House of Pierre Gagnaire has 2 stars to his name. This is the place to go for a very refined meal, vegetarian adjustments are available on request.
The Original for a succulent meal in a delicious setting. Medium budget.
Le Petit Bec, restaurant and wine bar, ideal for an evening with friends. Accessible with an average budget.
Blisss, you have to book, but it's worth it. Only 16 guests for a 100% creative menu. A delight worthy of the greatest in a universe on a human scale. A moment full of poetry.
Visit Bordeaux in one day
Bordeaux is a city to visit during its holidays in the South West. Many historic buildings and monuments deserve to be explored and observed. The city is also renowned for the wine that is produced in the region, so you can learn a lot of interesting information by visiting the city of Bordeaux.
Here are 10 places to see and activities to do when visiting Bordeaux in one day:
- The water mirror (Place de la Bourse) is a must in the city of Bordeaux.
- The Jacques Chalban Delmas bridge that you will be able to see from the edges of the city or thanks to a mini-cruise.
- The Cité du Vin (Pontac Esplanade, 134 Quai de Bacalan), is an exciting place to visit for all wine lovers. Bordeaux is famous all over the world for its wine making tradition.
- The Grand Théâtre located at the Place de la Comédie is a building that stands out for its architecture and history. The location of the building is ideal because it is in the city center. You will be able to explore the heart of "? BDX?"!
- The Gallien Palace - Roman amphitheater (Dr. Albert Barraud Street);
- The Place des Quinconces you can see in particular the monument to the Girondins ?;
- The Pey Berlanc Tower which is Place Pey Berland is interesting to observe;
- St. Catherine Street is the shopping street of the city, perfect for a shopping session with friends or family?
- Place de la Victoire to see the Aquitaine gate and the obelisk.
- The Museum of Fine Arts which is located at 20 Cours d'Albret.
If you have more time, you could take the opportunity to visit around Bordeaux, for example by visiting Libourne or the beautiful slopes of Saint Emilion.